Valentine’s Day is a day dedicated to showing others how much you love them! It is a day full of chocolates, flowers, love, and plenty of dangerous things that your pets should avoid. Keep your pets safe this Valentine’s Day by reading this list of 5 dangers to your pet!
Is your pet your valentine? Make sure to check the last page for a wonderful way to show it off!
Flowers are a classic Valentine’s Day present, and lilies are a popular choice for bouquets. Although they are pretty, they present a huge health risk for your pet if ingested. Lilies in particular are one of the most deadly flowers you can bring into your home as an animal owner. Although only known to cause mild gastrointestinal upset in dogs, these flowers are extremely toxic to cats. These beautiful but deadly flowers can cause acute kidney failure in a cat after the ingestion of just one or two petals or leaves. Immediate treatment is necessary for recovery.
Candles are a wonderful way to make an ordinary dinner feel special, but they can cause harm to your pets if not properly monitored. Make sure to put out all candles if you leave the room. Curious cats or interested dogs can easily burn themselves or start a fire by knocking over a candle with a flame.
This ingredient is in a lot of the things that you eat, but I bet you don’t know the name…
Help Rescue Animals
Provide food and vital supplies to shelter pets at The Animal Rescue Site for free! →