A kind woman tried to lend a helping hand to a tiny kitten in need, but instead, she nearly killed it. Thankfully, a rescuer with Hope For Paws arrived and got the kitten to safety.
It started when the injured kitten was discovered with a severe leg injury around Los Angeles, California. A Good Samaritan took the kitten in and applied tea tree oil to its skin, not knowing that it can be deadly to dogs and cats.
The kitten’s body was beginning to shut down, but Katie McKittrick arrived just in time to rescue it.
Katie, a rescuer with Hope For Paws, was able to get the kitten into a CARES animal hospital where the cat received life-saving care.
Article continues below
Our Featured Programs
See how we’re making a difference for People, Pets, and the Planet and how you can get involved!
While her life was saved, her leg ended up needing to be amputated due to the injuries.
They named the little kitten Tiger and found her a loving foster home to recover from her surgery in.
Hope For Paws – Official Rescue Channel shared the rescue story on YouTube. They wrote in the description:
“Tiger almost lost her life because the Good Samaritan who tried to help her used tea tree oil which is toxic for dogs and cats. Luckily, Katie McKittrick responded to the call quickly, rushed Tiger to the amazing team at CARES, and the life-saving effort began!”
Watch the video below:
Tiger is doing quite well now and is available for adoption through the Sante Dor Foundation.
Help Rescue Animals
Provide food and vital supplies to shelter pets at The Animal Rescue Site for free! →