BREAKING NEWS: Raw Dog Food Brand Recalls Food Due To Contamination

Proper greatergood_ctg_belowtitle

Thogersen Family Farm of Stanwood, WA is voluntarily recalling raw frozen ground pet food due to possible Listeria monocytogenes contamination.

No confirmed illness have been reported at this time. The recall is a result of routine sampling that was performed by the Washington State Department of Agriculture. They found some of the products contained the bacteria.

Salmonella and Listeria monocytogenes have been the cause of multiple recalls this year.

What Is Recalled?

The following 2-pound packaged varieties are included in this recall:

Coarse ground rabbit frozen raw pet food
Coarse ground mallard duck frozen raw pet food
Ground llama frozen raw pet food
Ground pork frozen raw pet food
Recalled product labels did not contain any lot identification, batch codes, or expiration dates.

Products were packaged in 2-pound flattened, rectangular clear plastic packages and stored frozen.

The front of each package contains one large white square label with the company name, product type and weight.

Where Was It Sold?

Thogersen Family Farm stated the affected products were either sold to individual customers or two retail establishments that have been notified. Some of the product has not been distributed and held at the manufacturing location.

Symptoms Of Listeria monocytogenes

– nausea
– aches
– fever
– vomiting
– diarrhea
– meningitis
– abortion

According to Dog Food Advisor, “Listeria monocytogenes is an organism that can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in humans and animals.”

Humans are affected when they touch the contaminated food, so be sure to thoroughly wash your hands. If you have fed any of the recalled product and your pet is showing any of the above symptoms, call your vet immediately.

Sad and Sick Pug Dog

What To Do

Consumers who have purchased the affected product should discontinue use.

You can contact the company directly at 360-929-9808.

Spread the word to keep our fur babies safe! ☟

Dog’s Near Death Experience Scares Owners Off Chewing Gum Forever: Click “Next” below!

Andrea Powell is an animal enthusiast who lives in West Michigan. Her horse and 3 dogs are her children. She loves to write and share her knowledge of equine and canine nutrition. In her spare time she likes to volunteer with animal rescues, camp with her husband and dogs, and trail ride with her horse.
Proper greatergood_ctg_belowcontent