Thanksgiving is right around the corner, but your dog can’t eat most foods on the holiday menu. That’s why– in addition to turkey, cranberry, and pumpkin pie– we’re also whipping up a batch of healthy Thanksgiving dog treats.
Made with canned pumpkin, peanut butter, and other simple ingredients, these all-natural pumpkin dog treats are made with items you probably already have in your pantry. They’re also a delicious dog-friendly snack that allows your pet to safely partake in this year’s Thanksgiving meal.
All Natural Pumpkin Dog Treats
What you’ll need:
-2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
-2 large eggs
-2/3 cup canned pumpkin
-3 tablespoons peanut butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix all ingredients together into a dough
3. Roll out dough onto a lightly floured surface
4. Use your favorite holiday cookie cutters to shape them
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes (for soft treats) up to 30 minutes (for hard treats.) Make sure pumpkin treats have completely cooled before sharing with your dog.
Voila! It’s a Thanksgiving treat for your fur babies that won’t hurt their bellies while letting them enjoy the holiday right along with you.
Find out more in the following video:
Help Rescue Animals
Provide food and vital supplies to shelter pets at The Animal Rescue Site for free! →