Step 4: Stay Hydrated!
Brrr! Warm up with this awesome list of hot cocoa recipes that are sure to put a smile on your face, no matter how gloomy the weather is! Any of these recipes are going to taste amazing out of your cute coffee mug! Whether you are a dog or a cat fan, you can still sip away the winter blues in style.
Check out this awesome recipe for a delicious winter treat:
Mocha Hot Chocolate
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, plus extra for garnish
- 2-3 tablespoons sugar, or to taste
- 3/4 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- whipped cream, to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat milk and heavy cream over medium heat and bring to a low simmer. Be careful not to boil it.
- Combine cocoa powder, sugar, espresso powder and 1 pinch salt together in a small bowl.
- Slowly whisk cocoa mixture into the warm milk and turn heat down to low.
- Continue stirring until hot chocolate is smooth and there are no lumpy pieces, then pour and mix in vanilla extract.
- Pour hot chocolate into mugs and garnish with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cocoa powder or cinnamon.
Recipe adapted from Half-Baked Harvest
Enjoy this delicious recipe out of an adorable mug! The motto of “Bark less, wag more” is something that we all should follow…
Step 5: Build A Snowman!
Get out there and enjoy the winter weather! Take advantage of your snowy climate by doing a fun activity together, like building a snowman. Check out how this helpful pup shows his human how it’s done. Too funny!
Ready for more snowy fun? Prepare yourself for a greyhound…in pajamas!
Infuriatingly humble web nerd. Hipster-friendly bacon trailblazer. SJW. Organizer. Professional communicator. Subtly charming writer.
Help Rescue Animals
Provide food and vital supplies to shelter pets at The Animal Rescue Site for free! →