11-year-old Jaxson the pug was dressed in a plastic fireman’s hat while being honored with the hometown hero award for his bravery by alerting his owners of danger in their Meridan, Idaho home.
Jaxson began barking at an outlet when he saw sparks coming from it. His owners came to see what was wrong and noticed the fire. They used a fire extinguisher to get rid of it as fast as they could.
If Jaxson hadn’t alerted them, the fire could have been a lot worse than it was. Firefighters say that an electrical fire could have easily burned down their house.
Jaxson is the first pet to have ever received this award, which honors a person (or in this case, an animal) for their “outstanding bravery” and “heroic values of courage, compassion, character, initiative and responsibility,” the city said in a news release.
Watch more of this amazing story below:
Help Rescue Animals
Provide food and vital supplies to shelter pets at The Animal Rescue Site for free! →