9 Things Pet Owners Should Never Have In Their Garden, And 3 Things They Should!
Ahh, the garden. A place of beauty, a place of wonder, a place of… danger?
Unfortunately, this could be the case if you are a pet owner. Sure, your garden may be beautiful, but it also may be hiding dangers that can pose a threat to your pets. Fear not, dear reader, for we have compiled a list of garden plants that may be dangerous to your pet for you to read and share with other pet owners!
Here are some common plants that may cause your pet harm if they are planted in your garden:
This popular garden flower is not only dangerous for dogs and cats to consume, it also poses a threat to horses, goats, and sheep. Eating these flowers can cause vomiting, excessive drooling, diarrhea, loss of appetite, and possible coma or death in severe cases.
Although they are pretty, all parts of a lily are extremely toxic to cats. Even a small portion of a lily can have severe effects on a cat. Almost all types of lily can cause kidney failure in cats.
A garden staple, chrysanthemums are not necessarily deadly for your pet, but they have been known to cause discomfort. Your pet may experience diarrhea, drooling, and gastrointestinal upset if they ingest this flower.