If you have a dog and live in the area of Richmond, the city would like you to know something very important. Pet owners are being warned that poison meat and needles have been found at some off-leash dog parks in the city.
A warning was posted by the Steveston Veterinary Hospital on Instagram:
View this post on Instagram
ATTENTION ALL SVH CLIENTS: We were contacted by the City of Richmond today warning us that poisoned meat and needles have been found at a few off-leash dog parks and local trails. WE ADVISE KEEPING YOUR PETS ON LEASH UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. If you see anything suspicious, please contact the Richmond RCMP 604-278-1212. If you are concerned that your dog may have ingested something, please take them to the VANCOUVER ANIMAL EMERGENCY AND REFERRAL CENTER immediately.
“WE ADVISE KEEPING YOUR PETS ON LEASH UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE” reads the Instagram post.
Article continues below
Our Featured Programs
See how we’re making a difference for People, Pets, and the Planet and how you can get involved!
There are other dangers as well. Jeff Curr is a pet owner who saw something unusual on a popular dog walking trail in Burnaby earlier this month. Upon taking a closer look, he found raw beef with at least a dozen sewing needles sticking out of the meat.
The Richmond RCMP should be contacted at 604-278-1212 immediately if you spot anything suspicious. If you feel that your dog has ingested something dangerous, they should immediately be taken to the Vancouver Animal Emergency and Referral Centre.
Help Rescue Animals
Provide food and vital supplies to shelter pets at The Animal Rescue Site for free! →