Lemon pound cake is a scrumptious summer snack, but standing around next to an oven can be hard as the temperatures outside rise. The solution? Bite-sized miniature pound cake bites! They’re as delicious as their Bundt-sized cousins and can be topped with fresh fruit, your favorite buttercream, or delicious lemon glaze!
The only thing that can make these treats any better is to give them some flair with a Paw Print Muffin Tin!
With each muffin tin purchased, 14 bowls of food are donated to animal shelters in need. They create adorable paw-print muffins that are perfect for fundraisers, potlucks, or for simply treating your household to some light, lemon-y goodness!
Lemon Pound Cake Muffins
(serves 3-4 people)
- 3 cups flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter (room temperature)
- 6 eggs
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Grease you muffin tin (coconut oil works nicely) and lightly dust it with some extra flour to avoid your batter sticking. Then preheat your oven to 325°F.
- Combine 3 cups flour with your baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk them together to get rid of any clumps and to add air (you can also sift the flour to achieve the same effect).
- Add room temperature butter to the bowl of an electric mixer and mix at medium speed. Once the butter becomes fluffy and whipped, add sugar and beat for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, waiting till each egg has mixed in with the other ingredients.
- Add the almond extract, lemon juice and lemon zest to the electric mixer. Mix for 2 minutes.
- Take the ingredients from your electric mixing bowl and add them to your flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix together by hand and then add sour cream until the mixture is the consistency of cake batter.
- Transfer the batter to your muffin tin.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and let cool before removing them from the tray.
Recipe adapted from Epicurious
Help Rescue Animals
Provide food and vital supplies to shelter pets at The Animal Rescue Site for free! →