A 12-week-old puppy named Macie shocked her owner’s and her veterinarian with what they discovered. Her owners heard her wincing and knew that she had swallowed something but they weren’t sure what exactly she swallowed, nor could they ever have imagined what it was.
They rushed her to the vets where they took an x-ray of her stomach. They were completely blown away when they realized the puppy had swallowed an 8-inch knife whole! They rushed the pup into surgery to have it removed right away. Thankfully the surgery was successful and the pup is now recovering great. The vets said it would have been a lot worse if Macie swallowed the blade side first as opposed to the handle side like she did, because the blade could’ve pierced through her organs.
It’s crazy to think how she was able to swallow that knife whole, but thankfully the outcome was not a bad one!
Growing up, Ashley always had a passion for writing. After receiving her Bachelor's in Journalism from Stony Brook University, she now uses that passion to write about the thing she loves most in this world: animals! When she isn't writing, you can find her curled up on the couch with a kindle in her hands and her Guinea Pigs on her lap.
Help Rescue Animals
Provide food and vital supplies to shelter pets at The Animal Rescue Site for free! →