10-year-old Abigail Bruce was sleeping in her living room when all of a sudden their pet goat, Speedy, started jumping on her legs and chest. He was very persistent and wouldn’t stop until Abigail got up.
That’s when she woke up, confused, and noticed all of the smoke. She ran into her parent’s room, fighting through the smoke, hardly able to breathe.
They soon discovered that their garage was engulfed in flames and the fire was starting to spread through the windows.
The Bruce family quickly hopped out of their the bedroom window and onto the front lawn to safety.
The Weiner Fire Department arrived soon after to put the flames out, but sadly, the home and everything in it was already damaged. Thankfully, the family and goat were unharmed. If it weren’t for their goat Speedy, the outcome could’ve been much worse.
It was definitely fate because the family had just gotten Speedy two days prior to the fire as a birthday gift for Abigail. The dad didn’t want him at first, but now he definitely approves. Speedy is a hero, but Abigail knew he was special from the start!
The cause of the fire was determined to be electrical.
Growing up, Ashley always had a passion for writing. After receiving her Bachelor's in Journalism from Stony Brook University, she now uses that passion to write about the thing she loves most in this world: animals! When she isn't writing, you can find her curled up on the couch with a kindle in her hands and her Guinea Pigs on her lap.
Help Rescue Animals
Provide food and vital supplies to shelter pets at The Animal Rescue Site for free! →