FDA WARNING: Stop Feeding A+ Beef Formula Dog FoodAndrea Powell
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is warning pet owners not to feed one specific lot of A+ Answers Straight Beef Formula for Dogs after the Nebraska Department of Agriculture discovered Salmonella in the food.
Mayo Clinic defines Salmonella as, “a common bacterial disease that affects the intestinal tract. Salmonella bacteria typically live in animal and human intestines and are shed through feces.”
A+ Answers Straight Beef Formula for Dogs
Lot # 2018 02/08 20
Lystn, LLC, also doing business as Answers Pet Food, is the brand owner of A+ Answers Straight Beef Formula for Dogs and has recalled the affected lot in Nebraska, but has not implemented a nationwide recall.
If you have this lot of A+ Answers Straight Beef Formula for Dogs, throw it away.
Symptoms Of Salmonella In Pets
– diarrhea or bloody diarrhea
– decreased appetite
– abdominal pain
Pets that are infected can be carriers and pass it on to other animals and humans. If you have fed any of the recalled product and your pet is showing any of the above symptoms, call your vet immediately.
Why The Warning Was Issued
The FDA is issuing this warning because the affected product represents a serious threat to human and animal health and is adulterated under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.
The FDA is still working with Lystn to gather comprehensive distribution information and is issuing this warning to alert consumers about this public health risk.
What To Do
“Pet owners who have this lot of A+ Answers Straight Beef Formula for Dogs should throw it away in a secure container where other animals, including wildlife, cannot access it. Consumers who have had this product in their homes should clean refrigerators/freezers where the food was stored and clean and disinfect all bowls, utensils, food prep surfaces, pet bedding, toys, floors, and any other surfaces that the food or pet may have had contact with. Clean up the pet’s feces in yards or parks where people or other animals may become exposed.”
Spread the word to keep our fur babies safe! ☟
Want more stories like this sent to your Facebook Messenger inbox? Click here to subscribe.