If Your Dog Loves Peanut Butter, You Need To Read This!Will Stefanski
March 1st is National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day, and who loves peanut butter more than dogs?! If you’ve ever given your dog some peanut butter, you know what we’re talking about. They get so much enjoyment out of not just the flavor, but the gooey consistency, that it’s hard not to give them a taste!
Here are some tips and recipes for dogs and dog lovers to help you safely celebrate Peanut Butter Lover’s Day with your pooch!
- Some dogs have peanut allergies, so make sure your dog can eat peanuts safely before giving them any peanut butter. Some signs of a peanut allergy are red/itchy skin, repeated head shaking, and foot licking.
- Avoid giving your dog peanut butter on a spoon. Peanut butter can be especially sticky and avoiding spoons could save your dog from choking or damaging their teeth.
- Peanut butter is high in fat, so do not mistake peanut butter as a completely “healthy” treat for your dog. Give them this delicious treat sparingly.
- Stuff a Kong toy with peanut butter for hours of enjoyment for your dog.
- Toy Tip: Stuff your Kong toy with peanut butter and then put it in the freezer before giving it to your canine. It makes the peanut butter last longer!
- Choose creamy peanut butter to further avoid choking hazards. This is especially important for smaller dogs.
- Peanut butter can be a handy tool to get your dogs to take their medicine. Simply bury their pill(s) in a gob of peanut butter and watch them happily take their meds!
- Make sure you select a healthy peanut butter to give to your dog. Avoid brands with added salt, sugar, or preservatives. The healthier the peanut butter, the healthier it is for your pooch!
- Peanut butter contains vitamin E, which can improve your dog’s skin.
Continue to the next page for home-made peanut butter treats!
Want more stories like this sent to your Facebook Messenger inbox? Click here to subscribe.