Dog Attempts To Get Treats But Ends up Setting The Kitchen On Fire

If there is one thing we know about dogs, it’s the fact that they can occasionally get into some mischief. It seems as if the bigger the dog, the bigger the trouble.

I’m sure that many of you would agree with me when I say this, but one woman would agree wholeheartedly. After all, her dog did more than spill something on the furniture. He set her house on fire.

Photo: YouTube/Inside Edition

According to Inside Edition, it started when the dog, Twitch, wanted to get some treats. Homemade cookies are irresistible to dogs, as you’re well aware.

Once Twitch got into the kitchen and started looking for the treats, trouble soon started. Unfortunately, a burner got switched on, and the stove caught fire.

Photo: YouTube/Inside Edition

At first, it started as a little problem, but it was only a short time before it began to grow rapidly. Unfortunately, Megan Black, the dog’s mom, was not home at the time, but a security camera caught the moment.

When the smoke alarm went off, it alerted Megan to the danger because she got the alert on her phone. I’m sure this was a very stressful situation, knowing that your house is on fire, but you’re miles away.

Photo: YouTube/Inside Edition

Fortunately, there was a neighbor, Cissy Blaisure, who was able to help. She called 911 immediately, and that was the right thing to do. Cissy also ensured that the two dogs in the house made it out, and then she went back inside to put the fire out.

Imagine that cookies left on the stove started such a complex problem. Who knows what would’ve happened if it hadn’t been for the neighbor and her ability to help?

In the end, Twitch and his doggie friend were saved. There was some damage to the house, but quick thinking was able to save that as well.

Help Rescue Animals

Provide food and vital supplies to shelter pets at The Animal Rescue Site for free!