A dog tragically passed away Saturday night after being stung hundreds of times by angry bees.
According to FOX 11 Los Angeles, the dog, a 2-year-old, 100-pound mutt named Chance, was home in his yard when the bees swarmed him and started attacking.
According to the outlet, it all started when Tommy Baker geared up in a beekeeper suit and started working to remove a large beehive on his fence.
Baker didn’t realize how large the nest was or how angry the bees would become. After angering the bees, Baker fled from the hive in his golf cart, and the bees went after the only other victim in sight: his neighbor’s dog, Chance.
When Baker’s wife saw the dogs attacking Chance, she called him into her garage and started killing the bees that were stuck to him. However, the damage had already been done.
Chance was stung more than 700 times.
Chance’s owner, Brian Engen, tried to care for the dog, but his health really took a turn. Engen rushed him to the veterinary hospital and the staff did their best to care for him.
Check out the news segment below:
According to the New York Post, Engen confirmed that Chance passed away at the veterinary hospital due to his bee stings.
Help Rescue Animals
Provide food and vital supplies to shelter pets at The Animal Rescue Site for free! →