Cowboy CaviarMark Harris
Let’s just say the cowboys definitely got it right with this one. Filled with tomatoes, bell pepper, corn, black beans, red onion, and avocado, this dish is ridiculously easy to make, and packs a truly delicious punch you won’t soon forget. Whether you serve it as a dip or as a side dish — as long as there’s a large enough spoon, so you can really pile it up high on your plate — this “caviar” is healthy (yay!) and totally addictive.
We make this to serve as a light dinner in the warmer months — plus, our friends have grown to love and expect it anytime we have people over, so you really can’t go wrong with it… you’ll see yourself, it tastes amazing, is great for you with all those fresh veggies, and couldn’t be easier to throw together in a pinch. Triple win!
30 minutes to prepareServes 8
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 oz.) corn, rinsed and drained
- 6 roma tomatoes
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed, minced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 3/4 cup Italian dressing
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Toss beans corn, tomatoes, bell peppers, jalapeño and red onion together in a large bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper, cumin and garlic powder, then add avocado and fresh cilantro.
- Mix gently with Italian dressing until everything is moistened.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Refrigerate for 15-30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Six Sisters Stuff