We would do anything for our pets happy and healthy. That’s why we started making our own dog treats. Knowing exactly what’s in them gives us peace of mind, and we love rewarding our pups with homemade treats that taste great and help them stay healthy too.
Peanut Butter Coconut Oil Dog Treats are one of our favorite ways to treat our dogs, and baking isn’t even required. Putting the batter together is really simple, so then all you have to do is pour it into an ice cube tray and stick it in the fridge or freezer. They’re also the perfect excuse to use our Silicone Paw Print Ice Cube Trays!
Coconut oil is great for your pets as well. Not only does it improve coat health, moisturize skin, and reduce itchiness due to allergies or eczema, it’s also been linked to preventing diabetes and heart disease. It’s a win-win!
Peanut Butter Coconut Oil Dog Treats
Yield: depends on size of ice cube trays
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup all-natural peanut butter
- 1 cup pure, unprocessed coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 silicon ice cube tray
- If your coconut oil is not already liquid, place it in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat and cook until melted.
- Add in peanut butter and cinnamon and stir until mixture is completely smooth and incorporated.
Note: mixture should be thick, but pourable.
- Pour mixture into Silicone Paw Print Ice Cube Trays and refrigerate or freeze until set.
- Pop dog treats out and serve them to your pup! (Store in an air-tight container and keep in refrigerator.)
*For exact coconut oil measurements, we use 1 teaspoon per 10 pounds dog’s body weight, or 1 tablespoon per 30 pounds.
**Start with about 1/4 dose of coconut oil and gradually increase over the course of several weeks so your pup can get acclimated.
Recipe adapted from Health Starts In The Kitchen
Help Rescue Animals
Provide food and vital supplies to shelter pets at The Animal Rescue Site for free! →