Considering how much we love our fur babies and how much joy they bring into our lives, it seems like the least we can do is whip up some easy, healthy dog treats. Pumpkin Carrot Dog Treats are an easy and delicious way to reward your pup for being a good dog and boost his or her health at the same time!
Pumpkin Carrot Dog Treats
- Preheat oven to 350º F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and oats together and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl or mixer, beat together pumpkin and peanut butter until smooth, then mix in eggs until fully incorporated.
- Gradually add flour and oats mixture until a shaggy dough comes together, then fold in grated carrot.
- Knead for 1-2 minutes, or until dough is no longer sticky (add a little more flour if dough isn’t sticking to itself), then turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Roll dough out to 1/4-inch thickness and use cookie cutter to cut out treats.
- Transfer all treats to lined baking sheet and place in oven.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until treats are golden brown and edges begin to pull away from the parchment paper.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before giving to pups.
Recipe adapted from Damn Delicious
Help Rescue Animals
Provide food and vital supplies to shelter pets at The Animal Rescue Site for free! →