Store bought treats are fine for your pup most of the time, but admit it, it feels better giving them fresh, healthy treats that you make yourself. These apple and cheddar “pup”cakes are the perfect way to spoil your dog. The best part is how simple and quick these are to make! Peace of mind takes very little time!
These also fit perfectly in these Paw Print Muffin Pans. Cute, and, most importantly, you won’t get them mixed up with your own cupcakes! They’re full of extremely healthy bits that will help keep your dog healthy and happy. You can even tweak the recipe with things like honey to cater to your dogs palate.
There isn’t a dog out there that won’t love these treats!
Watch the video of these pupcakes getting made and see how much our pup, Sully, loved them!
Infuriatingly humble web nerd. Hipster-friendly bacon trailblazer. SJW. Organizer. Professional communicator. Subtly charming writer.
HOMEMADE APPLE AND CHEDDAR PUPCAKES
30min to prepare
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. Line your muffin pan with paper or silicone cupcake liners (cut to fit) or spray the tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, oats, and baking powder together.
- Add the applesauce, vegetable oil, egg, honey, and cheese.
- Mix until combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin pan, filling the cups about halfway.
- Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool then let your pup enjoy!
Help Rescue Animals
Provide food and vital supplies to shelter pets at The Animal Rescue Site for free! →